Wednesday, January 22, 2014

  "Mom & Co."                      
continued.....
      Chapter 3...."Innocence Lost"                                                                                                                     Being human, I dont recall much of the previous years,maybe due to all the pot my mom smoked,witch is perfectly fine with me for Iv'e never heard of pot directly causing death, or making one break into someone's house, steal all the gold or electronic's,take those to the"pot-house" to get more pot...I mean if a "pot head" was to attack something, it's prob a Box of Lil' Debbie's snacks,and if {ever} there was an injury,it's prob  due to too much time on the PS4. In my well educated opinion {on this matter" WELL"} I feel we should march right up to the White House and demand  Nation Wide Legalization,just think of  the tax revenue, and all the damn dollars we'd as a whole could save , just on the war on drugs, hell use that pot busting money to say, the war on the damn Meth Epidemic, that has infected our country like the early sign's of the T virus{turns people into the living undead}At least these zombie's wont be able to bite us, for meth really takes a toll on people's{user's} teeth.I mean it's like athlete's foot has attacked the mouth!! LMAO !!!
Oh yeah, there we are, sorry folks as I got a little off track there,my lil life was pretty great, as it was as follows, wake up, piss mom off, she'd then drop me off at the shop, where Mr.C was, or with Granny J,and I'd spend most day's just playing away in the dirt, or shopping with Granny J, the Baytown Mall, back when they still had the fountain up,in the center of the food court, or as I would call it, Fat-court.Some days, J & I would go to her salon, listen to the latest gossip,& make the usual  "Aww he's isss SOO CUTE", pinching my little cheek's looking like I broke into my granny's purse, and decorated my face in make up{not very particularly fond of the salon day's } Then we would  hit the Basking Robbin's on Alexander Rd.for some ice creme,then head home.            
             
      Continued  chapter 3
 Those were the days I had spent with Granny J,and this to my recollection is the days spent with Mr.C.He would see all the trucks gone from their space of slumber,attended any issues  that were detrimental to the safe operation,then head in the office\mobile home and pound the phone.While Mr.C  was prospecting  new jobs,contracts ,laying out the work plan,date's & time's of completion, I on the other hand was  watching,"can you tell me how to get, how to get to", yeah, that's right Sesame Street."One bat,two bat's three bat's awh awh awh".After his morning shouting match{usually over money} we would head out to the pit,loading up into 'Ol Red, with his red book,and green book in tow,the green meant  you're in the good, red meant you're in the bad.Upon entering the pit,I would jump out 'Ol Red, head towards the mountain of
material that's to end up under a new site,Mr.C would take his sample's,analyzing it, and a car, or truck would pull up, and a young twenty-something would hop out,Mr C . would either hand the sample to her, or they'ed enter 'Ol Red, & I would resume my dirt work,  moving material to there from here.After thirty minute's or so {I was,in my lil mind ,mile's away}Pa would bellow out for my  return.Hauling back to 'Ol Red,with my truck in hand, I one day asked about the "secretary" that just left his site and side, he'd change the subject  asking me if I would not speak of it to anyone,and we would head off to the local Ice creme Shop,or eating joint,and I would dump all that happened into my hard drive mind,as to store it for a later date & time.Now, Dear friend and reader, this is all from the point of view of a small child, as I saw it happen,lived it,and my opinion on such, need I remind you of the "disclaimer"  before mentioned in this the tale of me?So, moving on,the "secretary" would often meet up with us by "accident" joining us for a  bite of lunch.As the days would pass on, more and more I would notice little{then}inequitable  difference'es between my Pa's family, and the home life of my gene donor's, as the two families were drifting further and further apart from the once happy lil home's I was accustomed, to fighting at home and at the office\shop where I once would  find peace and solitude , spoilage,an added serenity, for the evil that was to follow in the oncoming fertilizer  known as my child-hood years.I was bout six in 1984,Alicia rolled to town, with a festival of  lights,sound's of destruction abound,as I recall the minutes preceding the storm.Dad, coming home early,stating"there's a big one coming son, you watch out this window,and when you see the poles moving and waving round, you come tell me,ok?" "Ok dad",as I then was  bouncing up  battling for a better view, out of the window of my bedroom,the distance tween the two was  winning.Growing ever so tired,I walked out into the  court yard of our apartments,making my way around the left side of our building, past the parking lot,into the field,now littered with newer dwelling's,then empty lots awaiting their  fate as the telephone poles' began to move in a circular motion,while the pole's past that were waving like a  sea of wind torn grass.The wall I was holding on to, was waving like the ocean,clinging the wall as my anchor,you could  feel the building breathe with the storm.I stood right there,in total awe, for the.strength was staggering.Never had I then seen anything so powerful,so destructive,yet I couldnt', wouldnt' move as Alicia was  creeping overhead,and the roof was tearing off in sheets."Rickey, RICKY LYNN"dad runs out side screaming my name,for I must  had slipped past him and mom as they were  busy  preparing the apt,filling the tub with water, dragging a mattress into the bath room."What in the hell are you doin? I asked you to watch out the window"." I was dad, but I couldnt see so good, so came outside to see better"."Boy you couldve got your self killed".We then headed in,just as the light's blew out,mom was fetching my sister,all four of us running to the retrenchment set up in our bathroom.The next brief moments were errant,and sounded like Godzilla was moving into our apartment.Then all was silent, once the scrimmage was over.Alicia had won,28-0.It wasnt until the next day, I had realized just how one sided the victory was.Tree's shattered across the roads,houses that were displaced all over my city.On Bayway, things  were much worse,as homes were completely distraught ,or in most cases totally gone,and as for Mr.C's shop,not one shingle was touched,no tree's were massacred, we were one of the lucky few.As for the subdivision formerly known as Brownwood,it was split in half,over night,for  Alicia had went all out, ending her path  disseminated the once peaceful neighborhood,unleashing her full wrath upon it.All was good from my families' business point of view, as they made quite  literately a ton of money in the weeks following Alicia,as the clean-up ensued,for the city & state officials hired many owner-operated companies to aid.So,this was also my sister's year of birth,and only a hand-full of tales'  came to mind,Two in particular,the first, few months after Alicia, in our newly remodeled apt, mom had  gotten us some Hershey's  Chocolate,some  to end up  unaccounted for.Jackie asked me to go on a "treasure hunt",being the little explore'er I am,went on a mini safari.(in our apt)After two n a half hours of searching for the missing chocolate, I grew ever so bored with the hunt.Giving up, I called it good, went to our bedroom,playing  hot wheel's,Mom, called for me" Lil Rickey,come here babe,I found something".I bolted off, towards the living-room area,to my surprise, mom siting on the couch pointing towards the hall-way I had just blown through. Retracing my flight,I noticed something on the floor,it resembled chocolate,Mom asked me "to check it out",so I did what every 6 yr.old would've done.I picked up that  piece of supposed Hershey's goodness and shoved the whole damn thing into my mouth, as if I wasnt to recieve anymore.To my dismay, it WAS NOT chocolate,but a nice little present left by my Dad's pride n joy dog,who to my disapointment was not quite house broken.So moving on,the next summer, Mom,Bj and I were down at the pool,enjoying some beautiful Baytown summer weather.Mom's friend,and wife of a fellow employee,was chatting it up,over a certain funny smelling cigarette,discussing my moms' new found pregnancy,to  come full circle by April. My little sister was only allowed to swim by the steps,and I was allowed to move freely around the pool, holding on the edge.Making my rounds,I noticed something a little odd, as my lil sis was there and then  gone? Moving faster,and faster till I reached the starting line, Bj was not there.Mom and D was at the table,smoking and talking,but Bj was not where I had left her.In her place,was wadded up blonde hair floating around like the sea-weed,"MOM,MOMMA,MOMMY" I screamed catching her intoxicated attention,pulled my sister up by the hair of the head, from the depths of doom,were she was sure to drown.Mom scrambled over to us, snatched up Bj,and just as I thought all was lost, Bj spits up water,starts kicking and screaming.Alas, Bj did not drown .Later on in that day, Mom, high as hell, decided to do a cart-wheel into the pool,failing miserably.She later on at the hospital found out that my lil sibling was just fine,and she only broke her tail-bone.Wow,really? MOM? prego-cart-wheel's huh.Awesome.Few weeks later I recall my dad coming home early,and mom and dad figting all damn day,it was a typical stormy Baytown day,where sheets of moisture would roam in patterns across the landscape,drenching every thing.Im talking monsoon type shit.We clearly were not about to play outside for a month.At dinner,mom and dad were at about round 10,as she prepared breakfast for dinner,as dad sit, bitching from the couch,she  yells at him that dinner was ready,several times I might add.We already ate,and  had gone cause I knew not to make any trouble in troubled times,was in bed, holdin my little sister.As the fighting continued,it grew all too quiet.I snuck around the corner.Just as I got a peek, Dad comes running by me,

No comments:

Post a Comment